District Textbook/Supplemental Resource Adoption Review
Per J.O. Combs Unified School District Board Policy IIJ, textbooks and supplementary books for common schools recommended by textbook selection committees will be placed on display in the District office for a period of at least sixty (60) days prior to the meeting at which the Board will consider their adoption. Textbooks for schools recommended by textbook selection committees will be placed on display in the District office for a period of at least sixty (60) days prior to the meeting at which the Board will consider their adoption. Information related to textbooks, which are proposed for approval, shall be placed on the District website.
The J.O. Combs Unified School District is currently in the process of reviewing and selecting K-12 Science Resources that are in alignment with the Arizona Academic Standards and #Forward. This process contains several phases.
- Phase I: A Request for Proposal (RFP) was developed by the District Core Team and sent out on February 9, 2022, with a deadline for submission of March 16, 2022. Multiple vendors responded to the RFP and the District Core Team reviewed the proposals for compliance to the components of the RFP. All those that were in compliance were submitted for Phase II.
- Phase II: The District Steering Committee, made up of teachers, site administrators, district staff, and the District Core Team, reviewed the submitted proposals and materials, using a rubric developed around the RFP's scope of work on March 30, 2022. Rubrics were scored and feedback was collected from the committee to determine vendors to present to a larger committee, made up of teachers and representatives from all grade/content levels and schools as well as Special Education and English Learners. From this process, three vendors were identified to present.
- Phase III: The District Steering Committee had presentations from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt on April 19, 2022, McGraw Hill on April 20, 2022, and SAVVAS on April 21, 2022. Feedback from the District Presentation Committee was collected following each presentation to be reviewed by the District Core Team.
- Phase IV: The public is invited to review and provide feedback on the materials presented through June 20, 2022.
- Materials are available for public review at the District Service Center Board Room from 8:00AM-4:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Digital resources are available for review at the following links: